Looking for a range of high-performance green cleaning products that reduce environmental impact without compromising results? Agar has formulated a range of environmentally preferred cleaning products that are both gentle on cleaners and the environment, while still maintaining excellent cleaning power.
We’re proud to announce that all of our products in Agar’s Green Cleaning Range have been independently certified through Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA), the market leader of Australian ecolabelling programs. GECA’s label provides confidence for buyers, confused by the host of greenwashing marketing material, to make trusted, environmentally sustainable choices.
As cleaning is a labour-intensive activity, green cleaning products are formulated using the most effective ingredients, allowing cleaning tasks to be completed in less time, saving labour hours and energy use. Agar’s green cleaning range is also highly concentrated, reducing packaging waste and the deliveries required, ultimately saving our customers money.
- Reduces environmental impact
- Highly effective cleaning solutions
- Highly concentrated
- Contains biodegradable surfactants
- Reusable and recyclable packaging
- Independently certified
- No added phosphates
- Colour Coded
Agar’s range of green cleaning is highly concentrated to reduce packaging, water cartage, and freight. In order to ensure products are correctly diluted Agar can provide a variety of dispensing equipment that increases efficiency, reduces waste, and minimises cross-contamination occurrences and OH&S risks. These systems can be automated or manual and support Agar’s Colour Coded Cleaning System.
Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- Producing concentrated products that are made with less water which reduces packaging, transport and storage requriements.
- Phasing in more fuel efficient fleet vehicles and consolidating freight loadings to reduce the number and extent of journeys
- Identifying and eliminating unnecessary use of energy (e.g. switch off when not in use)
GECA Accreditation Requirements
All of Agar’s Green Cleaning Products are licensed to GECA’s latest and more stringent commercial cleaning product standards. Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that runs a multi-sector green certification program.
GECA has no ties to the cleaning industry or any association within it, it provides certification to a range of commercial products and suppliers from all industries with all its profits going back into the organisation to fund further programs.
Its ecolabelling program is internationally recognised and is Australia’s only member of the Global Ecolabelling Network, home to other world-renowned members such as Green Seal (USA), The Nordic Swan (Nordic 5 countries), and EU Ecolabel (Europe).
GECA’s standards are more rigorous than any other Australian ecolabelling program for commercial cleaning products and are extremely difficult to achieve. The program not only takes into account product factors, such as the ingredients used, level of biodegradability, minimal and recyclable packaging, and increased concentration and product performance but also includes the health impacts that the products can have on the user as well as the conditions that the products are manufactured under.
GECA’s programs are fully transparent and its standards are developed through consultation with various stakeholders including industries, experts, and the general public.
- Use only GECA-accepted raw materials
- Cleaning products must provide excellent performance
- Surfactants that are proven to be biodegradable both in the presence and absence of air
- Packaging is proven to be recyclable and displays the Plastic Identification Code.
- The company has proven to be environmentally responsible i.e. has not infringed any EPA laws or regulations
- Process and Waste Control – Formulations and production processes are desgined to use energy efficiently and minimise waste of raw materials, products and packaging.
- Reuse and Recycle Packaging – Packaging can be recycled and bottles/drums can be returned for refilling, reducing packaging sent to landfill.
- Minimising Toxicity at all Levels – Avoid the use of toxic substances which are known to be life threatening or permanently damaging to the environment.
- Reusable Dispenser Bottles which can be refilled multiple times reducing plastic waste.
Agar Cleaning Systems supports sustainable palm oil production through The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil program! 100% of the palm kernel oil used in Agar’s green cleaning range is offset to help improve the environmental and social problems surrounding the production of palm and palm kernel oil.
Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO)
Agar is a member of The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO), a not-for-profit organisation leading the development of a circular economy for packaging in Australia. Their vision is a packaging value chain that collaborates to keep packaging materials out of landfill and retains the maximum value of the materials, energy and labour within the local economy.
At Agar, we understand that sustainability is not just about protecting the environment, but also about ensuring a future for our company and our community. As a family-run company, we have a long-term perspective on our business and understand the importance of making responsible choices to ensure the sustainability of our operations.
|Green Cleaning Product Guide||Download PDF|
|Environmental Credentials of Each Product||Download PDF|
|Environmental Sustainability||Download PDF|
|Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA)||Download PDF|
|Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) Standards||Download PDF|
|Green Cleaning Chart||Download PDF|
|Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) Annual Report & Action Plan||Download PDF|
|Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) Membership Certificate||Download PDF|